‘J & J World Wide Pharma Pty Ltd’ (ABN 92 617 003 013) appreciates the importance of protecting your personal information and recognises the trust placed in us when you supply your personal information to us.
We are committed to managing your personal information openly and transparently and to keeping your personal information safe. We value your privacy and are required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) (“Privacy Act”) which provides for the fair handling of personal information, and sets standards for the way we collect, use, disclose, secure and provide access to personal information.
Our Privacy Commitment
- comply with the APPs;
- ensure that we manage your personal information in an open and transparent manner;
- only collect personal information from you that we need in order to offer you the best possible service and customer experience;
- tell you how we could use your personal information;
- let you know if we need to disclose your personal information to anyone else and if so, in what circumstances this might occur;
- keep your personal information secure;
- promptly respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing material from us;
- make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and
- ensure that, where appropriate, you are able to access and correct your personal information.
About this Policy
References to “our”, “us” and “we” in this policy are references to ‘J & J World Wide Pharma Pty Ltd’ and its related entities.
What sorts of personal information does ‘J & J World Wide Pharma Pty Ltd’ collect?
The type of personal information we collect depends on the nature of your dealings with us and the reason for collecting it.
We will only collect from you, information that is necessary and relevant to our relationship with you to enable us to provide to you the best possible customer service.
Depending on the exact nature of our relationship with you, we may request that you provide some or all of the following information:
- information that we may require to identify you, including your name, home address and your date of birth;
- information that we can use to contact you, including your telephone number, mobile number, email address and mailing address;
- information we may require to confirm your identity, including your driver’s licence number, passport details, business name, and Medicare card number; and
- information that may assist us to confirm your financial position when ordering products from us online, including your credit card details, bank details, purchase history and transaction details.
We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require in order to satisfactorily perform the services that you require from us. It would be very unusual for us to collect all or even most of the above information from you however this will depend on the specific service or services that we are providing to you.
If you create and maintain an account with us, you may provide us with your name, home address, delivery address, telephone number, mobile number, and email address. As part of the account creation process, we will require you to nominate a password, which we will keep.
If you are a subscriber to our mailing list or newsletter, we may collect your name, contact details, products of interest and details of your previous purchases with us.
If you apply for a job with us, you may provide us with certain information, including your name, employment and educational background, and other personal or sensitive information which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
The Privacy Act places restrictions on us collecting sensitive information about you (which includes information about your religion, political views, ethnicity, and criminal records). Generally, we will not collect this type of information, however we may need to collect some sensitive information if you do apply for a job with us, or for the purpose of providing you with a specific product or service or is otherwise permitted by law.
How does Kalimna collect your personal information?
The manner in which we collect your personal information will depend on the nature of the service that we are providing to you.
We may collect your personal information:
- directly from you, either in person or over the phone;
- when you create a customer account via the Kalimna Website
- when you place an order via the Kalimna Website;
- when you purchase a voucher from us
- when you access and interact with the Website, including access via Social Media sites;
- when you send us an email;
- when you track your online order;
- from publicly available sources, for example, the electoral role, the telephone directory or from other websites; or
- from other sources.
We will always collect your personal information directly from you unless it is impracticable to do so. This would usually be done through relevant forms, over the telephone, in person or over the internet. The collection will be done by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information being collected as outlined in the collection statement.
If the information we request for the provision of products or services is not provided to us, then this may affect our ability to provide those products or services to you.
The Kalimna Website uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience to better tailor our information and our services to meet your needs. A cookie is a small text file or a packet of information that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. There are two types of cookies that may be used at the Kalimna Website:
1. a persistent cookie; and
2. a session cookie.
A persistent cookie gets entered by your web browser into the “Cookies” folder on your computer and remains in this “Cookies” folder after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site.
A session cookie is held temporarily in your computer’s memory and disappears after you close your browser or shut down your computer.
Cookies may record information about your visit, including the type of browser and operating system you use, the previous site you visited, your server’s IP address, the pages you access and the information downloaded by you. While this anonymous statistical data may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our web monitoring service provider to improve our services, at no time can we personally identify you as the source of that data.
You can configure your internet browser (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari) to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your internet browsers instructions to learn more about these functions. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Kalimna services or websites you visit.
Why does Kalimna require your personal information?
We will only collect personal information in connection with the provision of products and services that we are providing to you or are about to provide to you and for contacting you in relation to those services.
We collect personal information only to the extent that this is necessary for one or more of our following activities:
- relevant to our business relationship with you;
- selling you a product or products that we offer for sale in our business;
- processing your online order with us;
- providing after-sales service to you in the event a warranty needs to be processed;
- to contact you in relation to an event, special offer or product that you might be interested in;
- market research in relation to the products and services that we offer; and
- to satisfy any legal requirements.
Generally, the purpose for which Kalimna collects personal information will be apparent from the way in which we collect it, or will be disclosed at the time of collection. If at any time the purpose for which we are collecting your personal information is unclear, please raise your concerns with the person you are dealing with or contact us using the contact details below.
We may also use your personal information for other reasons, including:
- preventing fraud and other criminal activities;
- to assist us to run our business and to improve our customer services and performance, including staff training, accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development, introducing new products and services and undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
There is no obligation for you to provide us with any of your personal information but if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or services that you require.
Unsolicited personal information received by Kalimna